Monday 14 February 2011

How Do You Fail Me? Let Me Count The Ways

How Do You Fail Me? Let Me Count The Ways

You fail me with your nihilistic promise of a handmade site, yet, when resellers come calling you welcome them and ignore my plight.

You fail me and my vintage treasures, from bygone times when quality ruled.

You fail me when modern impostors have you so easily fooled.

You fail me when lack of integrity blinds your sight.

You fail me when you dismiss alchemy, the epitome of custom creativity, you fail me again with erratic search functionality.

You fail me when you decimate the community, you fail me when like a wilful child I am silenced with impunity! - and if you have your way

You will fail me more with each passing day.

Apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning for abusing her beautiful penmanship as the basis for my foil of discontent.



6 comments:

  1. Last post on the matter and to just to give some context to the previous post as some of you asked why :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thanks girls - I always loved the original poem and it seems to lend itself to the theme. And once I get an idea in my head I'm like a dog with a bone - so it had to be done - this poor wee head needs all the available brain space it has these days! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! That's really well composed - hurray to poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OGPhotography I have already moved all my handmade items to Artfire. Neat site isn't it. Working towards moving my vintage somewhere else. Just haven't decided to where yet.

    ReplyDelete