Monday 21 September 2009

A lil bit of silliness ...

Today has been a mixed bag of stuff. First thing I got a message from a team member who was doing so well with her business (great news!) - but was so busy that she was leaving the team (not great, in fact miserable news!).

Then as I was trying to figure what to do with this blog I got into a chat with another different team member (what can I say - I'm in lots of teams). Anyway! She was wondering too what to do with her blog and we were both thinking of having a giveaway- aka a freebie contest. So that's in the offing and counts as exciting news.

Then there was the usual (these days anyway) trauma's caused by the economy/recession = bad and depressing news.

So I figured todays post should be light hearted  - and cos you're reading this you get to share that. Neat huh? I can tell you're starting to like this blog.

There is a point to the fun today though - well more than one point. For starters we're all adults and being adult means that life isn't always a bag of laughs. Said life during a recession is even worse - ergo we need some fun! It is therapeutic plus a lil bit of insanity keeps us sane.

So I thought I'd introduce someone. She's not a conventional person ... in fact she's not even human. But we don't discriminate around here (Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 for those that are interested) and she is very much a part of every day life around here.  She will also be making guest appearances from time to time and you will need to be able to recognize her - if you want a freebie that is!

For now all you need to do is get acquainted. Her name is lil zombie maura and she was created by the lovely and talented susarto http://susarto.etsy.com

She was adopted last November and has turned out to be quite a character! Right now she is looking forlornly outside at the rain and wondering where the sun went ... so at least I know where she is. She is also a bit shy - I think it's just her age though. Anyway, she is all delighted at the thought of being featured today and slowed my whole day up by vetting which photo's I could use. Vain - did I mention she was vain?!

Like I said she will be helping me with a giveaway soon - so take a good look and make sure you will be able to recognize her. And also for those times you may need to run in the other direction - like during a full moon when she reverts to kind and gets kinda scary! Anyway - here she is is being good and reading the paper.



3 comments:

  1. Oh boy!
    that disgruntled looking weirdo has got to be the cutest...em...weirdo ever!!!

    want one too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg wee Maura has a crazy look in her swirls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute Iris! You really should get one ... I think Susarto gives a little bit of herself to each of them and it sticks! It's great too how she house trains them before their adoptions.

    The crazy look? Whatever can you mean? We all look like that around here. You mean you Americans don't have swirls? Awh - kinda sad now.

    ReplyDelete